Fix the conflict between local time zone and time zone in preferences
Before I can schedule a tweet, Crowbooster apparently checks to make sure that I'm not trying to schedule for a time in the past. Obviously, this is a very sensible feature.
As far as I can tell, Crowdbooster is checking the scheduled time against the local time on my computer, NOT the local time zone I've set in my settings. This is a problem. Consider the following:
• My time zone is set in my account as New York time.
• It is 10AM in New York.
• I am using a computer in London, so the time on my computer is 1PM.
• I try to schedule a tweet to happen at 10:30AM New York Time.
• Crowdbooster checks to see if it is already later than 10:30AM. It SHOULD check New York Time, see that it is still just 10AM in New York, and let me post my tweet.
• But instead, it checks the local time on my computer, decides that it is 1PM, and won't let me schedule the tweet.
Does that make sense?
Of course, this can be resolved by changing my Time Zone Setting to whatever the local time is wherever I happen to be traveling-- but then, that completely negates the point of having a Time Zone preference in the first place.
Thank you for a detailed account of the issue you’re experiencing. We are looking for more elegant ways to resolve this issue. We will keep you updated.
Urg, I'm an idiot. In the above example, when it is 10AM in New York, obviously it should be 3PM in London. But despite my complete inability to do simple math, my point still stands!